The Louisiana Speech-Language-Hearing Association (LSHA) is a respected voice for communication sciences and disorders (CSD) professionals in Louisiana. As a LSHA member, you'll be able to take advantage of these valuable benefits:
1. Professional Publications, providing members in-depth coverage of issues and stories shaping the future of the professions.
2. Continuing Education Opportunities (for LBESPA and ASHA) by attending a variety of continuing professional education programs, including our Annual Convention and regional workshops.
3. Submission of CE Administrative Paperwork for LSHA members to American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
4. Networking Opportunities allow members to tap into the collective expertise of the over 3,000 licensed professionals throughout Louisiana, as well as exposure to a variety of vendors whose products and services benefit our profession and consumers.
5. Career Building Tools allow our members to advance professionally with the help of our online Career Center.
Full Members ($45): A Full member must hold a graduate degree with major emphasis in speech-language pathology, audiology, and/or speech, language or hearing science, or, hold a graduate degree and present evidence of active research, interest and performance in the field of human communication.
Associate Members ($30): An Associate Member shall be one who is employed in and/or presents evidence of interest in the field of communication disorders and/or sciences, but does not meet the requirements of a Full Member or Student member.
Clinical Fellowship Member ($22.50): A Clinical Fellowship Member must hold a graduate degree with major emphasis in speech-language pathology and be within their clinical fellowship year.
Student Members (FREE): A Student Member shall be one who presents evidence of current full-time enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate program in speech-language pathology, audiology, or speech and hearing science, and who is not eligible for Full membership or opts to waive benefits of full membership (including voting and office holding privileges) while undergoing full-time graduate studies in communication services and disorders.
Life Members (FREE): A Life member shall be a member who has attained the age of 65 and who has held that membership for ten consecutive years prior to age 65. Such a member may apply for and automatically receive Life Membership with all privileges previously accorded that membership class without payment of annual dues. Please contact our Association Manager to determine whether you qualify.