Ethical Decision Making: A Public Health Emergency and Unprecedented Challenges (1.0)
Author/presenter: Theresa Rodgers
· The learner will be able to delineate variations in standards precipitated by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
· The learner will be able to delineate areas of audiology and speech-language pathology practice affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
· The learner will be able to analyze scenarios that depict potential ethical dilemmas.
Speaker Disclosure Statements (financial): Waived registration, honorarium from LSHA.
Speaker Disclosure Statements (non-financial): Former member and chair of ASHA Board of Ethics, Former Louisiana licensure board member
Clinical Education and Supervision: Facilitating the Foundations of Independence (2.0)
Author/presenter: Melanie Hudson
· Identify stages of skill acquisition in the development of clinical skills and knowledge
· Discuss evidence-supported strategies promoting independence through self-assessment and critical reflection
· Critique a self-assessment tool for development of competencies in supervision
Speaker Disclosure Statements (financial): I am receiving an honorarium for this presentation; I receive royalties for my textbook "Professional Issues in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, 5th Edition," (2020) M. Hudson and M. DeRuiter, Plural Publishing
Speaker Disclosure Statements (non-financial): None.